Sometimes Emma says the cutest things and so when I can, I try to write them down - preferably while shes telling me, or right after.
.
So a few days ago while I was making the girls lunch Emma started telling me about a movie she watched in church, it was getting cute and there was a pencil and paper nearby so I started writing - Here was our conversation (from the time I grabbed a pencil!)
.
.
.
.
Emma: I watched a movie!
.
Me: At church?
.
Emma: Yeah!
.
Me: What was the movie about?
.
Emma: JESUS!!!
.
Me: What happened to Jesus?
.
Emma: (sadly) He died.
.
Me: Oh, what happened after he died?
.
(Then she got into her story telling mode and took off)
.
Emma: She has to wrap his body. And she can't find him. And she's sad. And Jesus breaks the spell! And she can't find him, and she says, 'what happened?' And the rain comes down, and the rain stops. And the door comes off, and Jesus breaks the spell!!
.
.
I couldn't help but smile. Then we sat for a few minutes and I told her that Jesus is our savior and that he died for us and was resurrected so that we could be together forever and live with him again someday. It's moments like these that I look forward to sharing with my kids every day. I love that as their mom I get to raise them and watch them grow moment by moment!
1 comment:
Emma is such a cutie. The next time I am in California we really need to get together.
Post a Comment